Friday 28 March 2008

Fish for Their Lunch..

Starting of our moving here, there was no morning I started without panic. Preparing the breakfast and kids' lunch box. Hhhmm..unfortunately my kids cannot eat sandwich yet. So as usual I had to prepare them the steamed rice and the side foods. Hhhmm..just looked for the easiest one, like fried chicken, fried fish and jelly.


There was a funny story about the fish thing. We like to go to asian market to buy our food here. They sell frozen fish like we used to have in Indonesia. So, since the kids love fish I can buy lots of fish there. They liked their fish just fried with lime juice and salt. It will make the fish crispy and salty. So good if you eat it just with warm steam rice. It is our favourite. Ha! As usual all of them brought fish to their school. And one day my second one warmed his lunch in microwave since he had been told by the teacher that they can warm their lunch in that machine. What happened? The smell went around the room. Ha! Kids told their teacher and they all looked at the fish with scary faces. It is so weird to them since they have not seen the fish with the head and everything attached to it. Ha!

Lucky the teacher explained that it was how the fish smelt and looked like. But since then my Brian tried to have another menu for his lunch.

I said to him, "You did not need to be ashamed with that. It is about habits and culture. We used to eat fish like that and it is just not used to them. Fish is very good for you since it has so many protein in it and can help you brain to develope so you can be so smart later on."

He understood that but he just wanted to try the lunch order to get the taste his friends' food sometimes. So we started to order his lunch yesterday. The mini hot dog.

" Isn't it too mini for you?", I asked him yesterday after school.

"No, it is enough," he replied.

But today he asked me to order the regular size hot dog not the mini one. Ha! And his youngest brother wanted to try his lunch order today so I picked the mini hot dog for him today. Hhhmmm...my kids is trying the western food now. Hahaha...

No comments: