Saturday 29 March 2008

Hunting in Central Market



It has been 2 months we are in Adelaide and every week we have to go to visit Central Market to buy our food. Well, there are some Asian Grocery Stores there. You can choose from the one with has the fresh veggies or a store that holds non-perishable foods. I have been invaded all the asian store for quite sometimes so I have already known which store to visit if I need certain item, such as where you can find fresh tofu, tempeh, or even steamed fish the one that actually almost the same taste with steamed fish from Medan, North Sumatera. Isn't it great?



Last Friday, I had a gathering with some friends and they asked me to bring gado-gado. It put to visit Central Market several times just trying to get the instant seasoning for it. But unfortunately I cannot got anything. Sobs.. I found 1 pack of pecel seasoning but it was 'the hot' label only left. I had to mix it to other peanut sauce to reduce the chilli. I found product from Hong Kong for that so I just tried to combine both of them.



I mixed 1/4 of hot pecel seasoning with the whole pack of peanut sauce. Stirred it with coconut milk and it turned out to be exactly the one I need. Not bad for the beginner, right? So, we have the gado-gado this afternoon. I provided the veggies, such as kang kong, toufu, tempeh, boiled eggs, lebanese cucumber, pineapple (improvised it) and bean sprouts. Hhmm..quite complete, right?

No comments: