Thursday 3 April 2008

My Kitchen Secrets

It has been few days I did not write at all on this blog. I think it is a good time for me to write again since all the issues have been followed up yet. Besides, what you can expect if we need any body else to finalize it. I learnt many times that it is much better to wait and pray because as a person I di have weakness. Sometimes it hurts me so much knowing that several things just cannot be done as I want. But patient makes me stronger each day since I know it will buy me sometimes to think and examine my needs towards everythings. So just wait and write and this moment. Ha!

Anyway, I would like to share about my kitchen. Since moving here, I brought so many things - not too many actually - but things that I need as Indonesian and I know that i could not find it in Australia. Want to know what is it?


The rice keeper. Eventhough my husband and I had lived in US for 4 years, we still cannot eat bread and potato as main course. Especially my husband. Ha! So..knowing it at the first moment we plan to Australia, I bought Cosmos - the rice keeper. Hoorrraayyy...feeling so lucky having it since. Haha..

Then I also bought Takahi - Electric Crockery Pot - something like a slow cooker pot. I thought it is good to keep my soup warm everytime. So when the kids get home or want the soup it will be right in front of their nose in a second. Ha! But unfortunately, there are so many electric slow cooker pot here. Hiks.. This time I felt not so smart bringing it here.

But one thing I felt so sorry not bringing it here with us is the rice cooker. They sold it here allright. In some events the price just can beat the price in Indonesia. I bought it but it cannot keep the rice warm since the lid is so thin and made from glass. So I will find some dried rice in it in a few hours. There is another rice cooker that have thick and full cover lid but it is so expensice compare if we buy it in Indonesia. So, my plan is just asking any body who will come here to bring it for me. Isn't it clever? Ha!

Since my kids love fresh milk so much. My fridge is also full of milk in any flavors and yoghurt and don't forget (psssttt....) some instant seasoning bottles. Ha! The milk here is so fresh and bit sweet that the one we used to have in Batam. Wow..my kids love it so much.

No comments: