Monday 28 April 2008

Small Group Lunch

This was the first time for us to be invited in small group lunch in Holy Trinity. Pat called me on Wednesday night and informed that the lunch for the small group was on again. She expected us to join with their group. It was a great invitation and we were all eager to join them for lunch on Sunday. We were supposed to bring our own meat and one dish to share with others. It was not difficult at all.



On Saturday, as usual, I asked my husband to go to Central Market earlier that day. Hoping I would get all my stuff to cook for Sunday. I planned to make chicken/beef satay and fruit salads. It will always be my kids's favourite. Okay, we finally drove at 10 am. It is 1.5 hours earlier that our usual time on Saturday. Hehe.. it just became better and better.


I got everything I need including rice crackers my kids' love to bring for their reccess at school. I got rambutan, lychee from the can. I thought I would make great fruit salads.


The BBQ started at 12.15 pm as planned. And my husband did great job to get all my chicken and beef satay cooked just fine. Everything were prepared and we started eating at 1 pm. All kids were starving. They grabbed the food just after we finished saying grace. It was a lovely time and great time for us to make friends and get to know more about people in Holy Trinity. Really sorry, not to get the pictures of all the guys that doing all the BBQ and we - the ladies - that doing all the cleaning after eating. Maybe later.


Could not waiting until next lunch in May. ha! I have started planning the food I will share next time.

No comments: