Sunday 22 June 2008

My IELTS Test

I got IELTS test yesterday. I registered it 2 months ago and the only available date was June 21th. This was the first time for me to do IELTS test. What are the differences between IELTS and TOEFL test? Well, as fas as I know since I only got TOEFL test in paper-based, it did not have any interview and writing test. I think I need to prepare very well for this IELTS since this was the first time, I need a certain band to accept my offering, and this was so expensive. Ha! The last reason was the greatest motive for me to get pass my score band since I did not need to pay and do it again later.

The test started at 09.00 am but the applicants were supposed to be at the test place 30 minutes before because the administrator need to check our identification. At 08.50 am, we started entering the hall by our application number. And at 09.00 am sharp, we started the test. The first test was listening test and it took about 30 minutes and we will get extra 10 minutes to transfer the answers to the answering sheet. Next was the reading test. It was 60 minutes long and including transfering the answer to the answering test. So read carefully and smartly since there were 3 long passages there compare with the passages in TOEFL test. Then writing test took about 60 minutes as well. The writing test was divided into 2 tasks with the 2nd task will hold more score than the 1st task. In the 1st task, we were asked to explain the charts, or diagram, or pictures showed on the question paper at least 150 words. But the 2nd tast was little bit more difficult since we were asked to give opinion or argument about the sentence they had provided for at least 250 words.

At around 12.00 pm the 1st part of the test was finished and we had been asked to look for the schedule outside the hall for our interview time and room. My schedule was at 14.50 so I could not join my husband and kids watching football game in Port Adelaide at 14.00. Sighs! Then I just walked over to the Rundle Mall to get my lunch. Around 14.00 I walked back to the test place and decided to wait there until my time.

The interview was held about 15 minutes. The interviewer asked so many questions, including about myself, my favourite books, musics, etc. At the first time it was okay but later on I felt little bit nervous. Hopefully I did well on the test since I really need the score pass my score band. Please God....

No comments: